Advantages Of USSD Based Train Reservation
- No need of internet, computer or electricity for USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) based train ticket booking as primarily it is booking through SMS. This makes it very advantageous for rural areas where such facilities are generally not available.
- Since there is no requirement of internet throughout the ticket booking process, therefore smart phones are not required and hence most entry level phones can be used as only SMS facility is required which is available on most of the phones.
- Mobile phones are more affordable for common people than computers and internet.
- No need to stand in long queues for booking train tickets.
- The booking process is very simple as it interactive and menu guided.
- No need to have debit / credit cards.
- Booking process shows quick response time.
Booking Train Ticket Through AIRTEL MONEY
As it is obvious from above screen, you have to enter your Airtel mobile number, first name, last name, email ID, date of birth and 4 digit mPIN number chosen by you for getting registered with Airtel Money. The 4 digit mPIN is nothing but a security password just like a ATM pin.
The next step is depositing money in your Airtel Money account. This can be done either through internet using Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit / Maestro Card or by visiting authorized Airtel Money outlets. To locate Airtel Money outlets, SMS OUTLET <PINCODE> to 121.
Now, you can make railway reservation. For this, dial *400# from your registered Airtel mobile. From the screen of your mobile, select "Book Tickets" and then "Rail Booking" options. Choose 'Reservation" if you don't know the trains otherwise select "Easybook" if you know the train number. Follow the remaining instructions to enter the other journey details such as starting station, destination station, passenger details, journey date and class to complete the booking.
The following points should be kept in mind while booking a ticket through Airtel Money.
- You can make PNR enquiry, search train, check seat availability and cancel tickets through Airtel Money Portal (AMP).
- You cannot book Tatkal tickets through AMP.
- Your handset should support USSD service otherwise you may not be able to use all the features of AMP.
- IRCTC train reservation service can not be availed through AMP from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. It is also not available from 11:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. for every one. However, Check PNR and Cancellation services are available 24 hours.
- You can book maximum of 6 adult passengers and 2 child passengers per rail ticket on one PNR. Please note that no ticket will be issued for child passengers. The age of child passengers should be less than 5 years.
- To claim refund due to certain reasons, passengers have to file TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt). The reasons are given below.
- TDR should be filed within 30 days of departure of train.